Welcome to our story!

We are: One single mom, three kids, three cats, one dog, 31 feet of living space. We're blogging our tales and adventures here for all to see. How do we earn a living, get along, find privacy, handle the ocassional bad situation... ? I'm Chey, I'm 34 and mom to three kids ages 15, 12, and 2 and I'm putting them all in an RV for the adventure of a lifetime!

Monday, July 9, 2007

Deliverance

I was starting to get a little creeped out. First, next to us in the park we're in were the single most unfriendly people we've met so far on our journey. When my daughter was outside getting something from the basement storage the male of the couple next to us came outside. She smiled her most welcoming smile and said a cheery "hi!"

He stared at (through?) her then turned on his heel and steppoed back inside without a word. They were camped with another couple who was onthe other side of them. When we walked past couple #2 while out walking our dog, we smiled and waved as we always do and called out a "hello!"

The man raised his hand a bit and the wife gave a curt nod. They never smiled, they were just seemingly unhappy folk.

Well then came the night when I was laying in bed putting my baby girl to sleep and a loud knocking rang out right by my head (this is the back end of the coach). I startled it was so loud, and my daughter came in and asked me "Yes mommy?" thinking it had been me trying to get her attention or some such.

I went outside and no one was there or near. Hmmm.

Then yesterday I went in to use the restroom, and the toilet flushed fine (using water, obviously), then I turned on the water and soaped my hands and then the water just went off. I turned the hot knob, still nothing. I grumbled and wiped my hands on a towel and went to the kitchen faucet... nothing. So I stepped into flip and flop and went round the front of the coach, all of three seconds had elapsed. The faucet was on, hadn't heard anyone walking in the gravel... hmmm.

So this morning the odd couples have left. I'm wondering if the odd happenings will stop too.

Oh hey, our home has been named Mr. C!

No comments: