Welcome to our story!

We are: One single mom, three kids, three cats, one dog, 31 feet of living space. We're blogging our tales and adventures here for all to see. How do we earn a living, get along, find privacy, handle the ocassional bad situation... ? I'm Chey, I'm 34 and mom to three kids ages 15, 12, and 2 and I'm putting them all in an RV for the adventure of a lifetime!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Guests?

My oldest sister called me today and said that she and her daughter needed a place to stay for a short time. Of ocurse in ordinary circumstances I wouldn't hesitate... but I had not been able to get ahold of her (I have two sisters) to tell her what we were doing.

So I told her I'm so sorry, but we are about to move into a 31 ft motorhome. It's hard to tell people you have no space for them. It was really painful to do that. It brings up the question as to how I will handle guests on the road. Both of the temp variety like dinner guests, and of the longer term like a friend flying in to visit for a week.

I'm wondering if I should get a small tent and extra sleeping bag just for that. I think I'll add it to the "someday soon" list. Denying hospitality is not in my nature.

No comments: